Airport yoga rooms are the new trend that’s been popping up in various airports. Currently, there are seven U.S. airports that have yoga rooms which can also be used for meditation. The latest to the addition is Chicago Midway International with San Francisco being the first to open in 2012. I have not yet experienced the airport yoga room, but will certainly do so when I come across one. I love the fact that travelers now have a place to relax, unwind and recharge. The rooms are complimentary and provide yoga mats or bring your own yoga travel mat. Hope to see more yoga rooms at airports in the near future, especially at my home base. What’s up LAX (Los Angeles)?
photo source: theyogablog.com
Here’s a list of current airport yoga rooms and if I’m missing one, please let me know about it in the comments below.
1. San Francisco International (SFO) – Terminal 2 & 3
2. Burlington International – Vermont (BTV) – Level 2
3. Raleigh-Durham International (RDU) – Terminal 2
4. Chicago O’Hare International (ORD) – Terminal 3
5. Chicago Midway International (MDW)
6. Albuquerque International (ABQ) – Level 1
7. Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW) – Between Terminal B & D