The holiday travel season is upon us, so I thought it would be great to put together some tips to ease the holiday travel stress. Here are five tips to help make your holiday travel a lot more enjoyable:
- Travel on off-peak times – the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is generally the busiest travel day of the holiday season. You may want to consider leaving a few days earlier, but if that’s not an option then consider leaving early morning. If traveling by plane, consider an alternate airport that is smaller to avoid the hassle of a larger one.
- Get the latest apps – all this technology in the world, you might as well take advantage of it. If you’re flying, be sure to have Flight Status and GateGuru which provides up-to-date flight information. If you’re driving, then you want to have Gas Buddy which finds the lowest gas prices in your area and Waze which is a great traffic navigation app.
- Pack light – take only the necessities. It’s busy during the holiday travel season and the last thing you want is to be bogged down with too much excess. Lighten your load so you can kick back and enjoy the ride. Also, if you’re traveling with gifts by plane then save the wrapping for your destination or bring gift cards. TSA will unwrap gifts!
- Visiting family? Create space – spending the holidays with family can be a lot of fun, but sometimes can be overwhelming. To avoid this, you may want to consider staying in a nearby hotel or if this is not possible, then set aside time alone outside the family household.
- Give back to others – ‘Tis the season of giving! Find a charity to either volunteer or donate. There are so many worthy causes whether it’s local or somewhere else. Don’t know where to start? No problem. Check out our cause – we’re raising money for an orphanage in Bali to help with renovations on Crowdrise. This is a good place to start…a $10 donation can truly make a difference. CLICK HERE to donate.
Most importantly, remember to HAVE FUN! Release the stress, be safe, and enjoy your loved ones.