As Valentine’s Day approaches, we love to fantasize about romantic getaways and one to Paris sounds absolutely wonderful, doesn’t it? But alas, we all don’t have the financial freedom to whisk our loved one off to one of the most romantic places on earth. However, we can getaway and here are some tips on how to plan a romantic getaway on a budget.
- Determine your budget. This is definitely the first step. If on a budget, then the last thing to do is to overspend. Here are some tips on How to Create a Travel Budget.
- Don’t have to travel far for romance. A romantic getaway can be in the next town over or right in your very own city. Staying someplace nearby will help eliminate the cost of airfare and cut the cost of gas, if driving.
- Search for online deals. In my post on How to Plan the Ultimate Staycation, I mention some of the resources to check out to obtain deals in various cities. Discounts can be found on restaurants, spas, events, hotel, etc. All the enchanting ingredients needed to help plan a romantic getaway.
- Opt for renting a condo, apt. or home instead of a hotel room. Get the comforts of home right in a private rental without having to go out. It feels like home, but it’s not “your” home. Bring your own food, movies, and love games to become shut-ins for a quiet romantic weekend. Airbnb.com and Homeaway.com are great resources for rentals.
- Check out travel packages. If the plan is to travel far, then consider a travel package. You may sometimes get a better package deal vs. booking individually. Check out my post on Top 5 Travel Resources for planning.
Lastly, this is not a budget tip, but to truly have the ultimate romantic getaway, turn off those electronic gadgets and spend real quality time with your partner. 🙂